Back on Air in Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Meath » Navan
May 6th 2011
Published: May 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Just to let everyone know we are safe and now well back in the Stone Age, not really but we are in the Irish country side with very little contact to the outside world. We have purchased a mobile, however have not been able to send SMS messages to overseas numbers, or for that fact to any in England? We now have an internet dongle, however the service is very limited, hence we will not be able upload photos until we get a better connection.

Now back to the blog.
4/5/11
Most of Wednesday the 4th was spent travelling, at Bangkok airport early and then a 12hour flight to the UK, where we gained 6 hours and arrived at 7.30pm to a surprise, my Aunty Sheila, Uncle Alex, cousin Stuart and his future wife Helen were at the airport to meet us. So that led into a late night of beers and a chat.

5/5/11
After breakfast with the relatives, we again headed back to Heathrow for our flight to Ireland. We arrived at the airport 9am for a 11.25am flight. We got a bit carried away with shopping for a Sim card and some duty free that we forgot about the boarding time, and if anyone knows Heathrow, nothing is close, with only 5 minutes left for boarding, Cath and I had to run about 1klm to find a plane full to irate Irishman. Good way to start the Irish leg of our trip. Arrived in Ireland and did the polite thing, let everyone else get off the plane first, only through fear of being attacked in the isle. Then a few dramas with the hire car and after it was sorted, we ended up with an upgrade car. Arrived at the house a couple of hours late and again, unfortunately due to the slow internet we cannot show you the 500 year old residence, it’s different, no TV for starters, but very quiet, we only hear the cows and sheep. We did however manage to hit a few of the local pubs and try their brews, due to the jet lag we were in bed early. For anyone who is interested and is savvy enough with google maps, here are to coordinates of where we are staying, : N53°45.846’ W006°37.068’ at least that’s what the GSP tells me....

6/5/11
Just a sightseeing day, went to Newgrange a Neolithic burial site dating back to 3500BC and then to Drogheda for a spot of shopping and lunch with of course a few local beers. Got a real taste for SmithsWick’s. We’ll keep you posted and hope to pick up a better internet connection after we leave Ireland next Wednesday, or Thursday in Australia.

Cath and Chris


Advertisement



7th May 2011

Hello holiday goers
All looks great wish I was there...can't wait to see more pics. Stay safe, will keep reading so keep writing! cheers B xx

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb