Day 2


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry
July 14th 2013
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 2

Today we started by touring St Johns castle in Limerick and received quite the history lesson. Damn British! But the Irish prevailed! We left Limerick and headed south to Killarney. We hiked up the Gap of Dunloe along with a ton of jauntys (horse driven carts). Beautiful views! Ate wild strawberries along the way and saw a lot of sheep grazing. We left the Gap and headed to Muckross house which is also part of Killarney National Park. There we hiked to the Torc Falls, very scenic. Got back to the gift shop with about 2 minutes to spare, but they kicked us out after buying some magnets ( I was soon disappointed, ha ha). Our driver then took us to an overlook that gave us great views of the Killarney Lakes. We made it to Ballyseed castle in county Kerry, but before we got here we had a photo op at a road sign directing folks to the town of Currans! Had a nice dinner at the bar (and had a Guinness or 2). Now back to the room to rest. Well, now I'm told the girls (and poor Ernie) are on their way back from Tralee (they opted to go to town for dinner) and we're going back to the bar for another Guinness (go figure). Good night Irene!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



14th July 2013

Day 2
Sounds like you are having fun (and a lot of Guinness)! Love the blog!
15th July 2013

Where's Homer?
Hey, I have that shirt! There are actually 4 Currin's in that picture. That sign needs updated. You guys have traveled a long way to do another pub crawl. Just remember, the liquid you'll get at the Jaimison Distillery is not the same as having a Guiness. Just sayin'...
15th July 2013

AWESOME!! Keep it coming!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb