On the Road in Our Swift Motorhome


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Kerry
September 14th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Presently, we're in Killarney, Ireland. We've been on the road for a fair piece now.

Internet connections are not always as handy as we would like and are often more expensive than we like. So, we haven't been contributing to this blog as frequently as we had expected to.

We're both well and enjoying ourselves and hope to make more frequent posts to this blog from now on.

We spent a few days camping in Edmonton after finally picking up the van. Edmonton is actually in northern London. From there we drove to Oxford to get supplies for the van. Go Outdoors is a good camping store with a shop in Oxford. We then drove down to Brighton to visit Louise and Dennis C.. A was in school with Louise when she was 13 years old. They have let us use their address to register the van.

Dennis and Louise were very generous and found time to entertain us when they were in the middle of a very busy time for themselves.

We spent the August bank holiday weekend at the Caravan Club Campground in Brighton. It is a very nice camp. We saw a posting there for some bikes for sale, checked them out and bought them from the camp Warden. They are a couple of Raleigh basic models and we got them for 120.00 GB Pounds total. We expect to use them for grocery shopping and short trips in the country and small towns.

After Brighton, we drove back to London to get a couple of small things looked at on the van. The living quarter's entrance door didn't seem to lock from the inside and there was a burnt out light on the back of the van. While there, we also installed a Gaslow LPG system that will make refueling gas easier on the Continent. We had a BBQ point installed too that makes using or Cadac BBQ easier. As well, we had a new set of tires, or tyres as they're spelled here, put on. The tires that were removed still had lots of tread on the back two wheels but all were the original tires and thus were nine and half years old.

We have seen many things and have had experiences worth writing about but I don't have the time right now to do that. I'll just briefly list the route we've taken and fill in some detail at a later time.

From London we headed southwest to Cornwall, up through Wales and ferried from Wales to Southeastern Ireland. We've driven across southern Ireland and have spent a few days in Killarney.

Presently we're well and rested. I've just ridden the bike to Tescos, a supermarket, for groceries. Tomorrow we'll take a tour bus on the Ring of Killarney.

Life is good.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb