Guinness, Oysters and spending time with friends


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway
April 13th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We finally managed to take a trip that did not involve good old Italy or Austria. As much as we love going home, it was exciting to go to a new place for a change. We decided to visit friends in Galway and explore the Irish coast over Easter. Galway airport is tiny and there are no queues and everybody is easygoing. As we arrived late, we just stayed at home and had a great time with our friends.

On Saturday, we went for a horse back ride but frankly speaking it was more a walk - no trotting or cantering and Frankie was not allowed to ride without somebody guiding his horse. What a difference to our last ride in Mexico, where we just got a horse allocated and off we went at high speed. It would have been nice to at least trot a bit but it still was a fun way to enjoy the landscape as the sun was shining and the sky was blue. After the ride, we explored Spiddal beach, which was lovely. Our expat host, a fellow Austrian, braved the cold water and tried to be a bit Irish by going bare feet. He surely deserved our late lunch, which consisted of oysters washed down with a pint of Guinness, grilled salmon (again with Guinness) finishing off with a rhubarb crumble. Very good!

On Sunday, we explored Galway town centre, which is quite cute with its small coloured houses and a street lined with one pub after the other. Again, we took a long and nice walk on the beach and then settled for pints in the sun. The time went very fast and then we had to get back to the airport already and there was no time to visit the islands but maybe next time....



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th April 2009

BRAVE
wow! brave michi dared to visit ireland again! i´ll go there again in summer after 10 years, my memory seemed to work too fucking well. you on the horses..nice! and bare xl feet...sounds sexy! greets, n.
13th April 2009

looks nice! greetings from london!

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0846s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb