It's the little things, weather, food...


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Galway » Galway
July 18th 2012
Published: July 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Salthill, Galway BaySalthill, Galway BaySalthill, Galway Bay

Taken after lunch at the pub on a beautiful Sunday afternoon on the promenade.
Today we are here 3 weeks and 1 day. This is a much longer time than I thought it would be. Homesickness is kicking in for everyone. We hear that you are having a heat wave, that would be welcome here. Picture taken is the last bit of sun we saw on Sunday (probably the best weather we have seen in Ireland). It has rained/drizzzzzled and been cold (no higher than 52 degrees) for two straight days. I woke to sunshine this morning thank God!

In the rain we have discovered the move theater... saw Ice Age 4 in 3D...really entertaining. Also we found that the Irish are used to the rain and nothing changes... the market and shop street are still bustling with musicians and shopping. Strolling down the cobblestone streets rain or shine makes no difference...you defininetly know you are in Ireland.

Dad is done with the larger of his two papers and they are both due tomorrow... yeah...10 days of just fun!

So the kids are discovering that it is the little things that make a big trip (actually any trip). The sights, landmarks, museums and such are great but so is jogging to the little park at the end of the road. They love irish butter, digestives, irish yogurt, CHOCOLATE, scones, shreddies and bread. Sam is already collecting addresses of the neighborhood kids and my co-pilot Abby can acutally read a map but may have issues when she goes for her license at 16... this is the most she has paid attention to driving ever! Jake is really into journaling and is thrilled to have a scar on his chin. The most run (popular) American tv shows here are How I met your Mother, Friends, Frasier and Criminal Minds...

We do miss our friends and family... definitely the weather... our dogs...knowing where we are going when we get in the car...driving on the right side of the road... money that you don't have to read to know what it is worth...going swimming (tho I will go in Galway Bay before we leave ...please warm up)...good fruits and veg, and everything else that is familiar, regular and the usual about home.

Advertisement



18th July 2012

Really missing our beach picnics.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb