Day 4


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin
September 21st 2005
Published: September 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Today we stopped in town and went to Dublin Castle, and went into a small church with nice architecture and traditional Anglican style. the national art museum in Ireland, and the national history museum.. the national history one was no way as good as the one in London, there were really limited fossil and rock displays, mostly they were reconstructions of birds and animals living in certain history periods, and most of the displays were covered up with leather covers and so we had to lift them up to see what was inside. It would have been so much better and brighter if they didn’t cover them! Then rock displays were put to the side as if they weren’t very important! It was also a very dark place, sorry this is all criticism, but all in all in was bad! we also went to blarney woolley mills where Dad was posing as Richard with the hat-looked pretty like it ahaha. We went to a souvenir shop to buy an irish music CD-it was really good for 4.50 euros! We then stopped at a department store to have afternoon tea, kung and po frankly did not like the hard rice, and so they gave us potatoes!!! And the club sandwiches were mmm. We walked around the store-the stuff was all so expensive! Like a big bowl costed 30 euros! Are the irish really that rich? That evening we drove to the airport to leave. We didn’t feel as reluctant to leave as Greece!! But it was nice to say that we had been there, the coastal towns were lovely don’t get me wrong, but there weren’t that many tourist attractions in Dublin and the stuff was basically just too unnecessarily expensive. The flight home was nice, catching up on more sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb