Day 28 – Waterford to Dublin


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
September 2nd 2009
Published: September 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A wet start to today didn’t stop us enjoying the gallery and showroom of Waterford Crystal. We found a nice memento within our budget and headed towards Kilkenny for Lunch.
A drive though what I am sure was nice countryside to look at but could not be seen through the rain and mist brought us to the medieval town of Kilkenny. We visited the local Castle and enjoyed a walk through the staterooms on show.

The gardens although inviting were inaccessible through the rain unless we wanted to get wet through, so we walked into town and found a pub for a simple lunch of Soup and Irish Soda bread along with a glass of Irish Ale, which made a change from the usual Guinness.

After some shopping we headed north to Celbridge where we were enjoyed a wonderful home cooked meal with Lynn’s old friend and her family. Late in the evening with the rain still coming down we headed for the hotel in Dublin. After a worrying 20 minutes of twisting narrow streets past stone walls and hedgerows our Sat Nav thankfully brought us to the motorway.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Kilkenny CastleKilkenny Castle
Kilkenny Castle

on a Summer's day in Ireland. :-)


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb