Adventures...


Advertisement
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 17th 2008
Published: October 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

These are just a few of my favourite photos from last year and the year before... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

MuiziesMuizies
Muizies

Beach cottages at Muizenberg Beach, Cape Town
Wine TastingWine Tasting
Wine Tasting

Zorgvliet with Dirk, Karieke and Ann-Mari
WinelandsWinelands
Winelands

Karieke, Ann-Mari and I
PrincessPrincess
Princess

one of the most charming, and most mischevious, of the girls in my cabin at sizanani...at this point still half asleep over breakfast
Wolfberg cracksWolfberg cracks
Wolfberg cracks

Hiking in the Cederberg with Tony, a friend of mine from Colorado who was working in Cape Town as an engineer for a year.
Monkeying aroundMonkeying around
Monkeying around

Two female baboons with young-while the two babies were having the time of their lives rolling around playing the mums were doing their best to look dignified and ignore all the antics. Occasionally one of the little ones would get a swot as it tried to use mum as a climbing post.
Whistler anticsWhistler antics
Whistler antics

A snowy february day at whistler with Shannon, Alexa, Angus and my Dad. It was windy in the alpine and after leading the girls into some untracked, not exactly gladed trees (where one of the trees collided with Shannon's head..oops! luckily she is still speaking to me, though hasn't mentioned another ski trip yet!) we spent the afternoon playing in the terrain park with a few fun photos as a result.
Flying dadFlying dad
Flying dad

I was standing looking out over the terrain park wondering something along the lines of "what age do you have to stop doing silly things like throwing yourself off jumps at high speed with two long planks attached to your feet" when my dad came flying down the hill and launched into the air.... question answered!
WinelandsWinelands
Winelands

The view from one of the Paarl valley wineries.
Cederberg SunriseCederberg Sunrise
Cederberg Sunrise

Out in the cederberg on a weekend camping trip I had to leave at 5am to get back to Cape Town to pick up a friend for the weekend. After dragging myself out of my sleeping bag I enjoyed one of the most spectacular drives of my life on a narrow dirt road winding out of the mountains. First this fiery sunrise, then dramatic thunderclouds over the distant mountains.
Enginerd?Enginerd?
Enginerd?

The tiny little bit of engineer in me loves cable bridges...and this one in Boston is no exception. Unfortunately in the US people start to get a bit nervous when you hang around photographing a bridge late at night in the middle of winter!
Lake BaturLake Batur
Lake Batur

Lake Batur, in the mountains of Bali at the volcano "Gunung Batur"
Winter in IrelandWinter in Ireland
Winter in Ireland

january afternoon near Sligo



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb