Ireland


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
December 28th 2007
Published: December 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

IRELANDIRELANDIRELAND

City centre of Dublin
27/12
Flew in to Ireland on the smallest plane I have ever seen but hey it cost 1 pound (+taxes). It was still dark when we landed at 0730hrs. We didn't book a rental car before we left the UK, as our trusty guide (Chrissy) said you could book at the airport....she was right you could book a car at the airport BUT there were none left!!!!. Not all bad though turns out you would be mad to drive in Dublin so we caught a bus to the centre of town which so it happens was about 1km down the road from our hotel. Should have bought backpacks. Went to the tourist info centre where we had to book the rest of the accommodation and stuff for the rest of Ireland. The hotel looks lovely but only one towel was supplied(and there were no more till the next day) and only half the lights work and the worst bit the bed spread EEEWWW stains that I don't want to know about!!!! They do a mean breakfast though all you can eat cereal!!!

28/12
Got up early today 0900hrs. Jumped on a tour bus and was driven around Dublin with original
IRELANDIRELANDIRELAND

Trinity College in Dublin
live commentary the bus driver sang Irish diddy's to us, saw loads of buildings and statues. Oscar Wilde and Molly Malone(the tart with the cart) were the winners. The bus drivers were full of history and little jewels of information and "did you know's". Did the all important tour of Guinness Storehouse...Fantastic!! Got back on the bus and went past the thriving hot spot of Dublin the Temple Bar very hip! Have been in Ireland for two days now and I think it has rained about four times. The temp has been very warm at 10-14C but the wind gets chilly when it rains. Dublin itself is very multicultural I haven't seen a Irish store owner yet they're all foreigners. Head off down south tomorrow in the car, first stop Waterford. Hopefully will get to see some Irish people and country. Looking forward to seeing how we go with the driving they are all mad drivers over here and buses just go when they feel like it, too bad if your already on the road they will make you move over!!!

Photos to follow catch you in a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

IRELANDIRELAND
IRELAND

In the guiness factory
IRELANDIRELAND
IRELAND

In the gravity bar at the Guinness Factory
IRELANDIRELAND
IRELAND

Enough said


30th December 2007

finally - some piccies
hey guys - great to see and hear that you're having a good time - Michael was very excited seeing uncle ol and aunty non on the computer!!!! keep the entries coming - stay safe and enjoy the rest of ireland:)

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb