Ireland Day 1


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Dublin » Dublin
April 21st 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Trinity CollegeTrinity CollegeTrinity College

About 10 steps from our hotel
After our overnight flight poor Kevin had to adjust to driving stick on the opposite side of the road through downtown Dublin. Luckily he had some practice while we were in South Africa so after only one minor mishap we made it safely to our hotel. We decided to splurge for the beginning of our trip and stayed in the Westin at College Green which is directly across from Trinity college and pretty close to Temple Bar. After quickly checking in and ditching our bags we decided to start our trip with a tour on one of those double-decker hop-on/hop-off buses. Since we were only in Dublin for one day this proved to be an easy and quick way to see a lot of the city. Our favorite stop was the Guiness Factory. We also explored St. Patrick’s Cathedral, O’Connell Street and Christ Church. For dinner we went to a pub in Temple Bar and were kind of disappointed. After dinner we pub-hopped for awhile before the jet-lag became too much and we decided to get some rest before we hit the road tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Kev's first Guiness in IrelandKev's first Guiness in Ireland
Kev's first Guiness in Ireland

Sometimes I think this was the only reason that Kevin wanted to come to Ireland


Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb