Ireland Day 11


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Donegal » Donegal
June 15th 2013
Published: June 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello!Today we left Sligo and headed for Donegal. When we got to Donegal we had a walking tour. We learned about the history of the town. That was pretty interesting. It was a fairly small town. The tour did not take long. We saw a couple of churches, a castle, and an old school. The school had one class downstairs and the teacher lived upstairs. When the tour was over we went to the castle and looked around. That was cool. It was small, so it didn't take long to go through it. After the castle we went to lunch and then shopped for a little bit before we had to go to our next place. We went to these beautiful cliffs called Slieve League Cliffs. The walk up to the cliffs was brutal but the view was well worth it. Looking out at God's creation was amazing! I could have stayed there all day! I had to come down though. I was so happy that I decided to climb up and look at the view. Once we made our hike back down we headed for our hostel. We were told that we would have to walk a little ways to the hostel because the bus wouldn't make it. What we weren't told is that the walk was up hill. That was fun! We hiked up hill to our hostel. We had a beautiful view and a nice place to stay. We decided to stay at the hostel and fix food, so some people went down and got some food. After dinner we played cards. I missed the beginning of the game so I sat on the couch and watched. After a while we had some people join us in the common room. They were real interesting people. They were celebrating a birthday so they were having fun. Thinking back on my experience today, I think students need to learn about flexibility and patience. This can be taught throughout the year. Now I'm ready for bed. Good night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0887s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb