Youghal Cobh and Fota Wildlife


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Cork » Youghal
February 25th 2006
Published: March 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

YoughalYoughalYoughal

Youghal harbor and lighthouse.
This past weekend I went to Youghal (pronounced Yawl) and Cobh (pronounced Cove) in East Co. Cork. I stayed Friday night at Evergreen House in Youghal. It was really lovely. A family lived in one part of it and rented rooms in the other part. There was a four-year old girl named Ella, a ballerina, and a two-year old named Oscar, who wore a little monkey hat. They had a really nice garden and the house was right against the ocean. It was cold and windy Saturday morning, but wandering around the beach of Youghal was just beautiful. The mother from Evergreen House was going to drive me to Midleton, but then I just decided since it was a nice day to go to Fota Island and Cobh afterwards by train. I spent a good deal of time at Fota Island playing with the ringed-tail lemurs. I have pictures from that. Cobh is in Cork Harbor and it was absolutely gorgeous that day. The houses and streets wrap upwards and are stacked neatly in an incline. The water was brilliant blue and the buildings are a variety of bright colors. The combination was worth the walk along the boardwalk.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

YoughalYoughal
Youghal

Youghal beach way.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0635s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb