Dingle town....Slea Head back to Dingle


Advertisement
Ireland's flag
Europe » Ireland » County Clare
August 28th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Started off the day with a fabulous breakfast. The bacon was huge. Plus I swear the eggs had eyes. They were staring at me. I keep drinking Cappacinnos, and Guinness.

After we left the hotel we went to Inch Beach and finally touched the Atlantic. The surf was rough. Had a poop and got back on the bus. From there we headed out past the town of Dingle and out to the Slea Head penninsula. There we saw lots of ancient ruined and not so ruined forts and castles. One place we stopped were the beehive dwellings which were built 6000 years ago and still standing. They were shaped like an igloo. Another place we saw was the Gaillarius Oratory Church) which was built 2000 BC and also still standing.

I have discovered Chowder. It is hearty and mmmm.... good. yum...

That was lunch. Headed back to Dingle to walk the streets and shop by the docks. All touresty stuff. I met a dog standing on a donkey. Don't ask. I WAS NOT DRUNK.

Headed back into Killarney and ate a lamb shank. Pour Mary the lamb, I ate her leg. Sob.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



29th August 2012

Dog best friend...
The dogs use donkey's as transportation in Ireland - no?
15th September 2012

Dingles and Dogs
You had a poop in Dingle, which is how the term "dingleberry" got its name.... and oh my gosh, the dog on the donkey comment, too FUNNY...great shots!

Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb