Days 36 Bekoice, Hungarian/Slovakian Border


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Days 36 Bekoice, Hungarian/Slovakian Border


Day 36 25th June


The photos will do the talking – what a wonderful place! When doing our research for this part of the world we were looking to ride and extraordinarily came across a website for Western Riding. Hungarian countryside on the back of a Quarter Horse riding ‘western’. Why not?


The farm is owned by a Dutch couple who, three years ago, realised their dream of coming to live in this part of the world with their 13 horses, 4 dogs, too-numerous-to-mention cats, a donkey called Tina (after Tina Turner) and 3 goats. Anita and Nico could not have been more welcoming – Big Bess is neatly parked in a field (with the comforting knowledge that there is a tractor to pull her out if needs must) and we have use of all the facilities.


The weather is much cooler up here; the stifling heat of Budapest is in the distant past. We needed an extra blanket on our bed and we have dug out our jumpers – perhaps this is a good thing as it is less than two weeks until we return to the UK and we should ‘acclimatize’ ourselves? It was overcast so we walked, read our books, did a little bit of work and went for a bike ride.

Tomorrow we ride ….horses……..






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb