Ask at the reception and pay after.


Advertisement
Hungary's flag
Europe » Hungary » Central Hungary » Budapest » Pest
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

And then there were five, although Rayman made up for McGregors absence with his effervescent wit and northern charm (well Swindonian). Thanks to the logistic and organisational prowess of Ms Puddleduck Budapest was a resounding success.

We arrived late at the Domino Hostel and found ourselves sharing a room with two Americans who were thoroughly encapsulating. To the extent that we spent every night in the hostel drinking till inebriated enough to discuss politics and international relations at length (they also taught us King Cups- the best card game ever).

Day one was spent on the Pest side of the city and consisted mostly of a walk to Heroes Square, with numerous stops, including Ice Cream and the excellent Terror Museum. This was a memorial museum to the victims of the Nazi and Communist occupations of Hungary. Despite some right-wing political bias, the museum was enormously informative (leaving us with a collection of A4 sheets Paul Dean would be proud of), artistically designed and impressively lavish. Probably the best Museum we visisted, the Terror Museum took up most of the day and we didn´t arrive at Heroes Square until late afternoon. Consequently, we returned for an evening in with our US friends and a lovely meal in a Greek resturant.

Day 2 heralded our most expensive but absolutely wackest, an afternoon at the Gellert spa (as seen on Micheal Palin.) This allowed us access to indoor and outdoor pools, thermal baths and a sauna. We also experienced a hefty Peter Rabbit nosebleed induced by the cold bath (which had an entriely different effect on FLopsy.)

Following this we headed up and over Gellert hill on the way to the Buda castle. It was here that what some have described as a ´new artistic renaissance´was born. Mopsy had created the photographic revolution that is- TOM WITH SUBJECT. (see future blog for pictures).

That is all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb