Mediterranean Cruise 2012


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
October 24th 2012
Published: October 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cupcakes in shape of the worldCupcakes in shape of the worldCupcakes in shape of the world

At the ship show a world record for cupcakes in the shape of the world was unveiled - hoping that it will be in the Guiness Book of Records.
Well as you know we love Santorini and were there just for a short time this day. It's one of the two ports that we call into twice. So we added to the glass collection for the kitchen/lounge area - which will be sent home with the other purchases... for those who are curious enough to see them - you need to come and visit us!

We wandered around some walkways - not to call them alleyways... seems to have a different connotation.. and looked in some jewellery and other shops and then decided it was lunch time - we stopped at a nice restaurant on the hillside but they didn't have wifi. So we went around the corner and asked the same question and they said yes upstairs.. so we trudged upstairs to find it was the same restaurant as we'd already just been in to.... anyway we caught up on our emails etc and had a couple of drinks and lunch - very nice and beautiful views of the Caldera in the Aegean Sea.

Back to the ship and had dinner and the dress was smart casual but another formal night is coming up. After dinner we went to the late show - The Piano Man - OMG he was absolutely brilliant - if you know the story of Helfgott the pianist - the film Shine is about him... in part filmed at Henley Beach in the mid 1990s - then this guy was just as good if not better. He was certainly a great pianist and entertainer.

Now, we note some complaints that we haven't had a glass in our hands in any of the photos and there is a good reason why we haven't....... we obviously didn't put in the right photos!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SantoriniSantorini
Santorini

Don't you just love it?
Night time at SantoriniNight time at Santorini
Night time at Santorini

Ship just about to leave Santorini when the lights started appearing on there.
Ann & I trying on shoesAnn & I trying on shoes
Ann & I trying on shoes

Well they were going for half price but no I didn't!!


Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0747s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb