THIS is what I was expecting...


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Santorini
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

up until this point in our trip, my expectations of what this trip would look like were completely off. in italy, we spent more time running from sight to sight, and less time meeting new people. because we camped, we were somewhat secluded from the rest of the 'hosteling world.'

but here it is different. Greece has been more of our relax and have lots of fun (not that we didnt have fun in italy, because we totally did, but it was very different) part of our trip. we sleep in, stay up late (nightlife doesnt shut down around here. Mykonos people are in clubs until the sun rises in the morning, and Santorini, things close around 4 or 5am.) Our hostel is perhaps the epitome of hosteling experience.

We are in Perissa Beach, Santorini, which is an Greek Island. First of all, its gorgeous. Bright blue water, black sand beaches (there is also red sand and white sand beaches) and lots of activity. Laura and I are in a hostel here where the dorm rooms have from 12-14 beds each. It is always full (guys and girls). In the basement, there is a room where there are about 30 beds. (thats a big sleepover!!) Its very loud at all times of the day and night. There are always about 15-20 people at least sitting on the front porch. At night, its hot and stinky. 😊 But really, its a good time. We feel like we are at the center of what is going on in this little beach town, and everyone starts the evening here, just because so many people are staying here. We have met alot of people, and learned some fun games and whatnot.

Last night, a group of 20 of us piled in a rented car and 3 rented 4x4's and drove 45 minutes to watch the sunset. it was gorgeous! Anyways, one of the rental 4x4s got ruined (due to carelessness and dumb boys) and we had to take the bus back. but it was fun. long story. but anyways, we love it here.

We went SCUBA diving here today. We did a reef dive, and a cave dive. Both were pretty cool, but pretty short. But overall, a cool experience. Tomorrow we are renting a scooter or a 4x4 and hitting the road and exploring the island. It should be fun.

Anyways, this is somewhat of a boring post, but we are having a very relaxed time here and meeting some very fun (and good-looking!!) people. We spend the days on the beach, the nights hanging out with friends, and the mornings sleeping in. 😊

This is the life!

Advertisement



13th June 2007

ooh, scuba diving--its been a couple years for me, remember laura? i still have a scar on my leg from that coral. i'm glad you're having time to relax in your "vacation" as well. keep enjoying life! i can't wait to hear more about it!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb