10 week's in!!


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Rhodes
July 13th 2007
Published: July 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

How time flies when you're having fun!!

Can't believe I'm nearly half way through my time here.

I definately know I'm in Rhodes now as I carry a torch with me at night - there are so many power cuts in the old town, have experienced about 4 in the past couple of weeks. Thankfully most of them are when you are in your bed, 1 time was when I had just ordered a drink and a snack, thankfully it happened after the snack had been cooked so I didn't have to wait a further 40 mins to eat!!

Also you know you are in Greece when the government staff places close down early on certain days of the week to conserve energy from using all the air con machines!!

They go on strike quite a lot as well, probably check the weather forecast beforehand and think that's a good day for the beach, we'll just strike that day!!

Not been up to very much, swimming, snorkelling, generally chilling out! Still dog walking, may have a new pet coming back to scotland!! Been helping out cleaning at a local guest house as well - new found respect for anyone who does that on a regular basis, I was knackered after 3hours work!! Also going to do a spot of child minding for a friend's little girl just while her regular babysitter is off somewhere.

Well that's it for now, off out to celebrate a friend's birthday tonight, so "yassou" for now.:-)

Advertisement



13th July 2007

10 weeks already
Can't believe you're 10 weeks into your stay. Great to hear you're having a good time. perhaps it'll be a change of career when you get back. The amount of rain here is enough to make anyone instantly jealous of you!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb