On to Naxos


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Naxos
May 15th 2007
Published: May 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first ferry trip in Greece!! We were so excited to take the Greek version of Bart to the port, but of course they were on strike - just our luck so we had to take a taxi... and traffic was ridiculous because of the strike so it took forever to get there. Lambrose our driver was super nice, he helped us map out our island hopping excursions.

At the port we had our first Gyro's!! and free beer!!! It was so friggin hot! 31 degrees which is over 90!!! Hot hot hot.

The ferry was super nice - we got suckered into upgrading to the "airplane seats" that reclined in the ac section of the boat where they showed movies in english!! We figured out later that no one checks your tickets and you can pretty much sit anywhere you like after the boat starts moving.

The ferry was HUGE!! Mac trucks, cars and motorcycles drove off the ship!! It was like a cruise ship - we could have even got a cabin if we wanted to be big pimpin. There were 3 decks, a coffee shop, deli, Goodies - which is like the greek Jack in the Box, and an outside bar!! The cafeteria area was full of cigarette smoke - even in the non smoking section - gross.

We chose to sit outside on the verranda deck. Our first sunset at sea!! It was gorgeous!!! SCORE!!!

The ferry ride which was supposed to be 6 hrs long turned into 7 and we got to Naxos around 0030. Thank God "harmless Eddie" was there to get us from the dock!! Except for he didn't speak much english and there was no signs on his car saying he was from Hotel Glaros. We got in the car and I kept asking "you're Eddie from hotel Glaros right???"

That was correct.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The boat was HUGE!!!The boat was HUGE!!!
The boat was HUGE!!!

Hawaii needs some of these bad boys!!
On the "verranda"On the "verranda"
On the "verranda"

note they have Heineken!!


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb