Kos 4


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Kos
January 15th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 14th January, 2009.

We went to the reception at about eight o'clock, did some surfing and had some drinks. It was pretty windy, so we didn't venture out. We bought some crisps the other day and ate them in the room.

Thursday, 15th January, 2009.

A bright start to the day. Still a little windy.

I keep forgetting to mention that next door to the Hotel is some form of Military building, and every morning we have heard reveille at eight o'clock.

Pat went down to breakfast and I joined her shortly after.

We were heading for Kardemena today, and set off at ten o'clock.

The drive was straightforward, there is one main road that runs down the spine of the Island and everything goes left or right, until you reach the bottom. The barman last night said they refer to it as the “M1”.

We took the road to Kardemena and drove through the town and parked just off the beach road. This place was slightly more alive than some of the other resorts. It is filled with bars, cafe's and restaurants, stretching into the distance. From our previous time here, I remember it having the reputation of being where all the younger people enjoyed themselves.

We walked up and down the promenade, being generally nosey and taking in the sights.

The sea swell was strong and waves were breaking over on to the road. Although the wind wasn't bad. It was actually very pleasant and the car temperature said 19°C.

We went back to the car and tried to take a slightly different route back. Went through Pyli and then back onto the main road.

We parked at the Hotel and went straight into town, for something to eat. I decided that we ought to revisit the Museum Restaurant, as we had such a lovely meal last time.

We were welcomed back and given our “usual” table. The guy in there is very friendly, and as with so many of the Greeks, his English is excellent.

We ordered a Greek salad, Cannelloni and a rolled chicken with a vegetable center, with drinks €24.00. The food was again excellent and with generous sized portions we were both stuffed again.

We took a walk around the town, it was two forty five by now, and most of the shops were shut and the town was very quiet. We looked in lots of the shops and wandered around.

We then took a walk around the castle and ambled along. Back round the Port, looking at the fishes and the boats.

We arrived back at the hotel at about four o'clock and went up to the room.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.342s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb