Back onboard


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Kithnos
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here we back on Freedom bobbing around the Mediterranean again. We arrived in a heat-wave and spent the first 2 days doing jobs to make the boat seaworthy and then craned into the water on day 3. We were so relieved to be on the water - it’s just so much cooler. We bought all our heavy supplies whilst we had the hire car for 3 days and filled up with wine, water, milk, beer and the essential gin and tonic!!

Most of our early excitement was over the new dinghy and recently over-hauled outboard - goes like a rocket, new water tank and solar panel that both came over in out luggage and now fitted, and the new timber shelves cut to size in B&Q and also squeezed into the luggage.

The weather has been great ever since lots of sun and breeze. We have sailed across to the Cyclades setting off from Poros and then to Kea and now we are on Kinthos in the cutest little bay with a sand bar reaching out to a little island with a chapel on the top. Last night we took the dinghy ashore and climbed up to the chapel to watch the sunset - spectacular. When we got back we jumped in for a swim in the semi darkness.

Our plan is to hop over to Siros and then Mikonos before it gets too hectic in the busy school holidays. Met some lovely people from other boats but you do have to watch that you don’t get bored to death with the beardy weirdy sailor type know it alls! If I hear another anchoring disaster story I’ll scream!!!

Anyway we are having a lovely chilled time. Missing everyone at home but loving the chances when we get to chat to UK. What would we do without Skype!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



8th July 2009

Ahhhh it's our buddies!
Lurvly to see the piccies....and our mates 8-)

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb