Boat ride and night out


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » South Aegean » Ios
May 31st 2007
Published: May 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After around two hours of sleep we woke and took the metro to Pireaus port which is where all the ferries leave for the islands from. We bought tickets for something like 29 euros and made our way onboard. The ships were actually far larger than I had expected, comparable to small cruise ships. Finally we had made it to the sea and the water was even more blue and beautiful than I had anticipated. We were all quite tired so we tried to pass out for a while on the boat but it was hardly comfortable. Still managed to get a decent amount of sleep over the entire ten hour trip. We made it to the island around 5 pm and got a room at the far out beach club which was a sweet little bungalow (for only 8 euros a night). The place was essentially one huge party with almost everything you could need including bar and small store. Not necessarily my scene but I decided I would give it all I had for a few nights and be completely immersed in the party atmosphere. The first night was basically insane. Everyone took a short bus trip over to the small city where clubs were located. We all drank heaps and scattered around the city until at least 5am. At the end of the night my bro and I found ourselves seperated from everyone and made a 30 minute walk back to the club through the winding streets and houses. We actually managed to get a bit lost and ended up in someones back yard with a beautiful pool and view (quite cool). Finally managed to make it home and fell asleep as the sun was beginning to rise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



5th June 2007

Nate and Aaron, I have to be a typical Mother, are you being carefull!!! I don't want to be traveling over there to have to search for you guys.

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb