Mykonos Natures paradise


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » North Aegean
June 22nd 2014
Published: June 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

mykonosmykonosmykonos

Greg & Judy slipping a boat
At sea: Today we continue our voyage across the Mediterranean Sea on a North Westerly course towards Mykonos. The Mediterranean Sea is connected to the Atlantic Ocean surrounded by the Mediterranean region and almost completely enclosed by land. On the north by Europe and Anatolia, on the south by North Africa, and on the east by Levant. The sea is sometimes considered a part of the Atlantic Ocean, although it is usually identified as a completely separate body of water.



21/06/14



Mykonos: Mykonos is a part of the Cyclades lying between Tinos, Syros, Paros and Naxos. It is situated 150Km’s east of Athens in the Aegean Sea. The island features no rivers, but numerous seasonal streams two of which have been converted into reservoirs. The island spans an area of 85.5 square Km’s and rises to an elevation of 341 metres at its highest point. Mykonos nickname is the islands of the winds. Tourism is a major industry. The downtown area can only be explored on foot, as most of its narrow streets are for pedestrians only, but you to be wary of motorized scooters, doing deliveries etc, as they don’t tend to give way to pedestrians.

Our day walk around Mykonos today was terrific, Colleen stated that it was the best day of the holiday so far. The scenery was to die for, and the people so friendly, especially the shopkeepers who tried to lure us in at every opportunity.

We have taken so great photos, and I have finally mastered the art of using the Gopro.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.46s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb