Crew change


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Lefkada
October 9th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday to Tuesday - Last week!
James and Elizabeth returned to England, Christina, and the Hills arrived safely after a Greek tour. We set sail again from Lefkas on Sunday at noon. We had a good sail from Lefkas down the channel and on to Abelike. A repeat location but a wonderful spot. Good swims on arrival and a walk for Christina and I over the hill to Vathi for tomatoes and Feta. Back in Abelaki, we all made it in two dingy trips over to the Taverna for supper. Fortunately for the return trip, Elaine remembered the flash light as the moon had almost gone. On Monday we set off for Spartakhori taking a circle around Skorpios under engine. The wind then arrived and we had the perfect first-sail for our new crew. Christina had her first go at the “helm” and did an awesome job - passing and besting a larger sailboat on the same course! We moored in time for a walk up the hill to the town. That evening we celebrated the Hill’s wedding anniversary looking out at the calm and the Ionian hills around us. Today we set off on the West side of Meganisi down towards Papa Nicolis’ cave. We decided not to go in the tender as there was a little too much sea for our small tender. We’ll see what the weather brings tomorrow. It was “hove too” for lunch and then an early arrival at Sivota on the Southern end of Lefkada as the wind died. Don, Christina and I walked up the hill and then it’ll be off for another good meal. Life like this doesn’t get any better.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



12th October 2010

Wish we were there!
Kate, you are making us jealous. Lola says that she is so sad that you had to miss the symphony! Maybe next time. Guess what? The weather here is marvelous! Have you been sending it from Greece? Have a safe remainder of your trip. Talk to you soon. Bets

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb