Another Anniversary


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Ionian Islands » Corfu » Corfu Town
September 16th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ionian watersIonian watersIonian waters

Greece mainland
Sunday, Sept. 15 - A sea day



This is the only sea day on this voyage and we enjoyed every relaxing minute, From now on it is port after port. To give us this sea day, the Captain slows the vessel and, at night, stops the engines entirely. We are in the Ionian Sea and cruising north to our first port, Kerkira, on the Island of Corfu.



We have a leisurely breakfast in the dining room where I was able to snag a glass of milk with only two tries. Checked out my bill and noticed that my CCL shareholder credit had not been posted. Provided the Front Desk with the paper work and should see it on Tuesday.



This has not been my best packing experience. I was undecided whether to bring my white slacks or the khaki ones and brought neither. This leaves one pair of casual pants and my jeans for sightseeing and daytime wear. I will cope!



Headed to the pool for a couple of hours and while I baked in the sun, Joe read in the shade. Took a refreshing dip and then back to the lounge to dry off. The deck is crowded, all the deck chairs in use, but still it is peaceful and the sea is so blue.



At 2:00 I attended a wine tasting while Joe checked out the poker table (no game) and the belly dancing lessons. Only one of the wines was too my taste but the Cellar was knowledgeable and entertaining and my table mates were pleasant.



Time for a nap and then it was dress for dinner and our first formal night. We headed to the Ocean Bar for our stingers and dined at the Pinnacle Grill for our anniversary dinner. The Amuse was a lobster flan, an entirely new taste experience and rated A by both of us. Then we tried the Spicy Chicken Coconut soup and that was really spicy. Besides the chicken it had shredded carrots, onions, lemon grass and lime and who knows what herbs and spices. We both gave it a strong B.



We both had steak Diane, Joe with mushrooms and me with creamed spinach. The steak was tender and flavorful if just a tad over cooked for my taste, A-, and the sides were perfect, A+. Skipped desert and ordered coffee and barely sipped it. It rated a F.



We wandered the ship for a while. The Piano Bar was packed, there were just a couple of people enjoying the pianist who has replaced the string quartet, Adagio. The casino was moderately lively but there was no poker game going,



We sat out on the balcony for a while enjoying the night and so ended a wonderful anniversary day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.593s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb