Αθήνα


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
August 3rd 2011
Published: August 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

AcropolisAcropolisAcropolis

View from our hotel roof
Our flight to Athens was great... a little turbulance which I am not a fan of BUT Aegean air is awesome. It was only a two hour flight but we had a full meal and beverage service, so by the time we were done eating our lunch we had arrived in Athens. It was also awesome to fly over Italy during the day. I could see both coastlines of Italy at the same time from the sky it was pretty cool.

Our time in Athens was very short but memorable. We arrived in Athens at around 4 pm but with delays in travel and no taxis we didn't arrive in our hotel till around 630pm. We probably could have rushed to the Acropolis but when we arrived at our hotel and saw that it had a roof top pool and pool bar with a panaromic view of Athens, we thought hey...why rush to go walk through the Acropolis when we can sit, relax, drink (mojitos of course) and have a beautiful view of the Acropolis as well as the rest of Athens. We went for a swim, sat and read books, drank mojitos (two for one happy hour) and had a wonderful meal while the sunset. We saw the Acropolis all lite up as the sky got dark and all in all it was the perfect way to see Athens.

We had to depart Athens at 745am, when our tour bus was picking us up for our two day Delphi and Meteora Tour. More later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb