Hotel near Athens Airport - Aremetis Village of Attica


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
November 27th 2009
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Peri's HotelPeri's HotelPeri's Hotel

Located in a residential nieghborhood in the Armetis Village of Attica (Athens).
We had a 13 hour layover in Athens. Sadly, the city center of Athens is over an hour drive from the Athens airport. We had a 6am flight, so it was risky and expensive cab rides to go to Athens City center. There are only two hotels near the airport that are VERY expensive being called 4 and 5 star hotels. We were not excited about spending 13 hours in the airport, and another 22+ hour day traveling back to the US. Nor were we excited about spending so much money for couple hours in hotel.

We were lucky to be informed we could check with the travel agency desk for an affordable nearby hotel. We needed to get a shower and couple hours of good sleep before catching our flight back to the US. Thankfully there is an unknown little hotel about 15 minute drive from Airport. The hotel owner picks you up and drops you off. His hotel is in the most unusual place, but it was comfortable and what we needed. The hotel offered free Wifi and shuttle service to/from airport at affordable price 76 Euro (rather than 200- 300 euro for the other 2 hotels). Just go to the travel agency desk at the airport and inquire about Peris Hotel near the airport.

We had some bonus time in Greece staying at this hotel. We hopped a free bus ride to the nearby beach. Otherwise it is a 20-30 minute walk; we just happened on a bus stop at the time and asked the costs... It was FREE 😊. We got the tail end of the sunset. There were a few are restaurants along the beach. We were not quite ready to eat and wanted to just walk around the seaside village. However, when we had a group of shady guys follow us. Quickly we diverted off the path back to the beach and decided to get back to the hotel.

We had a great and cheap meal just down the road from the hotel. All in all, it was a nice way to spend a 13 hour layover. We highly recommend the Peris Hotel for a long layover stop in Athens. www.perishotelapt.gr





Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 15; qc: 93; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb