Fall Break Part II


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Changing of the Guard 155 secs
The second half of our trip we went to Athens. First we left the Pink Palace on the bus then got on an hour and a half ferry ride at 11:30pm then get back onto the bus for an overnight 7 hour bus ride. It was pretty bad and really provided no sleep at all. We checked into our hotel there and then headed out to the Acropolis with our tour guides. I walked around the Acropolis and saw the Theater of Dionysus, Temple of Athena Nike, The Parthenon and the Acropolis as well. I then headed around with Carly to see the House of Zeus and the original Olympic Stadium. It was amazing. We also saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by the Parliament building. While we were there a protest was happening and we saw part of that as well. One night we went out to a group dinner with all you could eat homecooked Greek food and Greek wine. It was fantastic. There was also a huge shopping area which was fun to go through.

All in all Greece was fantastic and it was a fabulous trip for the one break I have in the fall semester. I also got a tan in October...what's better than that?


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

HPIM0825HPIM0825
HPIM0825

Acropolis up top
HPIM0826HPIM0826
HPIM0826

Ruins of an ancient church
Views of AthensViews of Athens
Views of Athens

the beginning of shots of the expansive city of Athens from halfway up the hill to the Acropolis.
Theater of DionysusTheater of Dionysus
Theater of Dionysus

The beginning of the Theater of Dionysus


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb