Athens, paris and home


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
October 30th 2007
Published: October 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Friday we left Santorini on a ferry which took 8 hours. We easily jumped onto the metro and found our hotel in Athens. We had decided that one last Greek meal for supper was in order. We headed out looking for Greek Salad and Mousaka. On the Plaka, which is a pedestrian only streets with shops and restaurants right on the side walk you can view menu's from the different restaurants. As we were stopping to look at a menu the restaurant owner right next door came up and said here, here come look at mine. So we moved the whole 4 feet to look at his menu. The owner of the first restaurant came out shouting at the second owner and they really got into it. Some pushing and shoving. Just shows you the Greek men really loose their cool quick. We chose a different restaurant in case your wondering.

Saturday we had a flight from Athens to Paris with easyjet. What a cattle prog. They don't assign you seats so it's first come first seated. We did manage to sit together but others I noticed did not.

For our last 2 nights in Paris we stayed in a hotel near the Charles de Gaulle airport. Our flight flew in to the Orly airport so there was an airport bus that took us to the CDG. That cost 16 Euros per person, I guess cheaper than cab.
Sunday we went to the Museum Louvre. This is where the Mona Lisa is, in case you didn't know.
We spent 3 hours there and didn't see half of it. Did I previously mention how much I dislike the metro in Paris. We did make it back to our hotel finally but not without some walking circles trying to find where to go.

Monday, Our flight home, We took Zoom airlines home. Not a bad airline. They feed you well and put on 4 movies for the 91/2 hour flight home. This makes the time go faster. Now I just need to adjust my internal clock cause 7,8 hours difference from Paris to Home.........

Summing up this trip, I think I liked Italy the best. The people, the navigation, and the country.
France, I won't make an effort to visit again.
Greece, beautiful country, if I go again I will read and know everything beforehand. They don't like you asking too many questions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb