Back in Athens


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
August 6th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

At La Costa, AthensAt La Costa, AthensAt La Costa, Athens

Nice time at the beech
Now back in Athens again. Did the markets and grocery store on Monday. On Wed, Arlene and I went for a swim to La Costa. How nice. So warm. Then did some local shopping and lazying around. On Thursday, Aug 9, sister-in-law, Myrna came in the the plane. On Fri, the 3 girls went downtown for a long 3 hour view of the fantastic Greek Museum. So many sculptures and art work and vases, etc. to see. We left when the doors closed. On Sat Nick and the 3 girls and Alex went for a swim at Zoo Berry beech. We had another wonderful time again. and then in the evening the 4 of us went downtown to the Plaka area around the Acropoli. It took us 3 hours with a bite to eat to walk around the entire Acropoli. We earlier went for a walk up the high mountain to St. George's church over looking all of Athens. How beautiful You would not believe all the languages we heard while up there. What a site. You could see the lights of the entire city of Athens from there. You almost did not want to leave. We got home so very late. In fact, we were almost the only ones left walking around the usually very busy Plaka. It looks so different with all the stores closed and walking on the marble streets and actually being able to see the street. What a walk. As we walked there were people all over eating and shopping and walking earlier in the evening. The meal of souvlaki was so good. Today Sunday we went for a swim at La Costa, and then for a fish dinner. Tomorrow Myrna and I will venture downtown again on the metro to actually walk up the acropoli and shop in Plaka. Tuesday night the 3 girls will be off to the 2 island of Kos and Rhodes for 11 days with an overnight large ship ride for 9 hours on Tuesday night. We have a reserved cabin for that night. More Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 116, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Dianna  and Myrna at St. George's ChurchDianna  and Myrna at St. George's Church
Dianna and Myrna at St. George's Church

What a nice night view from way up here
Statue at the Greek MuseumStatue at the Greek Museum
Statue at the Greek Museum

Such beauty in sulptures
Dianna a the Greek MuseumDianna a the Greek Museum
Dianna a the Greek Museum

It took us 3 hours to go through here


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb