Coming home!


Advertisement
Gibraltar's flag
Europe » Gibraltar
April 26th 2012
Published: April 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<strong style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">Wednesday 25th April 2012:

We are suddenly finding it harder to adapt our body clocks to the new timings – the mornings are darker and the evenings are so much longer than they have been for months. We only just made it to breakfast this morning and that was (and here comes the confession!) without going to the gym! And then the gap between breakfast and lunch – which is not especially long – was filled with goodness only knows what. Certainly no lectures. No post breakfast guilt trip to the gym. So it must have been catching up with some emails, reading, playing games on the iPad and snoozing.

This afternoon’s laziness has a perfect excuse. The sea has built up in to something decidedly lumpy. There must have been some storms out in the Atlantic because the swells have even made the QM2 rock and roll this afternoon. But we take solace in the fact that the Queen Elizabeth is only a very short distance ahead of us and we’ve heard from people on board there that she’s rolling like a cork. The Captain tells us it will all peak late tonight so fingers crossed for something a little calmer as we cross the Bay of Biscay tomorrow.

We went to the cinema again today, this time to see The Iron Lady. We can easily see why Meryl Streep won her Oscar for this – she really captured so many of Maggie’s mannerisms. But for me, the film lingered too long on the current, Dementia laden life and not enough on what formed the woman. But when your home is pitching in all directions, it was a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Dinner tonight was our last formal meal so now the tuxedo and ball gowns can all be packed away. Formal nights always have the best menus so Richard tucked into some wonderful lobster while I devoured an excellent Beef Wellington. Only one more dinner to go and then it will be beans on toast .. but only if we can be bothered to cook!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb