Excursion to old city


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 20th 2012
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a late breakfast of egg, mushrooms and tomato cooked by Dan. It was delicious. Of course this was accompanied by a rather large croissant from a nearby bakery. We then set off to walk down to the old part of Göttingen by going past the uni and surrounding gardens. It was an extremely hot day and we needed to drink a large glass of beer each at one of the local pubs. Dan can converse well with the local shopkeepers as his German is quite good.

As our walk was tiring, we sat in a local park for a while and ate our picnic of crisbread with raspberry jam. Lots of locals were eating icecream and a few people had their swimmers on and were sun baking. One of the local parks even has really old headstones scattered about. Mostly from the 19th century.

To complete our culinary adventures for the day we bought some truffles from a local chocolate shop. It is now 7pm and the sun is still shining and the birds are madly singing (which they do all day).


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st May 2012

envious
What a wonderful sounding day ! would love to swap places.

Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb