Competition, Day 1


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Saxony-Anhalt » Wernigerode
July 19th 2013
Published: July 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hotel to town centre


Additional maps: Hotel to town centre

20:13
Not a lot to say today. It was our first day of competition, so we spent two hours rehearsing in the morning, then headed into the centre of town for our first class - sacred music. The class was in the church of Saint Sylvester, which is from the 1600s, and has an absolutely lovely acoustic. We sang three pieces - Laus Trium Puerorum, Laudi alla Vergine Maria, and the MacIntyre Ave Maria. Heather was pleased with our performance, so I think we might have a fighting chance there.



Our class this evening was in the conference centre (which, surprisingly, also has a decent acoustic. Obviously not as beautifully echo-y as the church, but still able to hear everyone and such), and it was the... Whatever... Class. Not sure what the binding theme was, but we had the two compulsory Brahms pieces (Rozenseit, Die Braut), Memento Salutis Auctor, In Meeres Mitten, To Be Sung On The Water, and Pakkaanen. A few small issues, but overall we did really well. I suppose we'll find out just how well we did when results are announced tomorrow. In the meantime, Heather seems to think our stiffest competition is the German quintet we're waiting to hear right now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb