One of the main realisations I got on travelling to Martin Lutherstadt Wittenberg, was how Martin Luther managed to spend so much time translating the bible into German. A great gift Martin Luther's life work was to the German language and carried out in an apt place where I doubt there was much to sway him from his task. It is a quaint little place, full of historical importance and sightseeing attractions - well worth the visit....
1. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness. - Mark Twain
2. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. - St. Augustine
3. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign. - Robert Louis Stevenson
4. The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are. - Samuel Johnson
5. All the pathos and irony of leaving onefs youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise trav... full info
A violent Marxist urban guerrilla movement, the Tupamaros, launched in the late 1960s, led Uruguay's president to agree to military control of his administration in 1973. By yearend, the rebels had been crushed, but the military continued to expand i...more info