Germany, oh you Germans


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » North Rhine-Westphalia » Cologne
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from germany!


] i guess i should let you al know where i am heading, and what has happened yet so far. 😱




i arrrived in germany after a 2 some hour train ride from Amsterdam. it was a high speed train and we were bookin. i got to see some tulip fields and windmills as well. nobody had a seat next to me so i was ale to stretch out and relax. when we were 10 min away from cologne i caught a glimpse of the cathedral. holy cow, it looked big from that far off i couldnt imagine how big it would be when i got right up next to it. it is MASSIVE. i paid 2 euros and got to climb the left tower, it was a shitload of stairs, in a corcscrew style stairway that was barely, just barely wide enough for 2 people to squeeze together to get through. super steep and 10 min later i finally made it to the top. incredible views of the entire city and the Rhine river absolutely phenominal.
The church also had a treasury, as in to say they had alot of OLD stuff with alot of GOLD. the reason thsi cathedral is so popular is because it has the remains of the 3 magi, the dudes that brought gifts and stuff. in this huge gold box, it is at the very front of the church, and makes for a great centerpeice. another thing that i got to see was the original staff used by saint peter. that was preety cool. not many people can say they have seen it.
lets see, ohh, here we go. something that COMPLETELY caught me offgaurd. is the mulletts in germany. yes you heard me right. muletts. Business in the front and party in the back. its like you walked into a walmart in the deep south. not only that, but they listen to 2 year old american hip hop. so they think tney are the cats pajamas over here lol. its just awkward to me. they also use aot of gel, like gallons, or over here, liters. so much gel that the hair that is on their head is more solid that the cathedral.

In germany the food is tons cheaper than in holland. over here i can get a huge bottle of beer for like 89 cents. where in holland you would pay 3 euro. and fruit too! i got a big ass bag of apples over here for 2 euro, where in amsterdam you would pay 50 cents per apple. so its nice to be eating better. im getting these 30 cent chochlate bars that are good stuff, i eat like one a day!

i finished one of my memory cards for my camera. and just started on the second one. so ive prolly taken around 600 pictures and 5 videos. on the 2nd of june i am training a little north to the town of dusseldorf, then on the 5th i am training to the tow of Bremen. afer which i will train to the south of hannover to a city called Goslar, where i will meetup with Tim, a old german friend from back in the day.
i may update this again soon, but its pending on how the internet works in the next hostel.



Advertisement



1st June 2009

Cool info.
Sounds like you've seen a lot so far, thanks for sharing, it makes me think of all the stories Shawn and Jocelyne told us about. Good to hear another perspective. We finally had a few days with out rain. The field is so green. Miss you. Glad your enjoying your trip. Sheila :)
1st June 2009

good info
Beau, Sounds great! Thanks for expanding on detail. You are our eyes - continue to fill us in on the sights, history, smells, customs, etc. Explore, have fun and be safe... the Oz :)

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb