1 Trike, 2 People, 3 Rivers, 4 Countries in 50 days!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
July 3rd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well the adventure has begun! We arrived at Calgary Airport still nervous about whether they were 'really' going to take our Trike whole. We were just thrilled when the Air Transat fellow walked up to us and said, "so there is the infamous trike"! Air Transat was just fantastic, they welcomed us, chatted with us, reassured us that they were prepped for the trike and readily checked us in via the First Class line up! (It was a straight roll in for the Trike). It was quick and painless in the end. Our bags weighed in at 26 & 33 pounds & then about 6 pounds carry on. It all fits great on the trike and we don't expect any issues around this part of the trip.

We are now happily sitting in the Chinook Lounge via my Master Card & eating and drinking and relaxing. It is very posh and likely to be the fanciest location of our trip, as far as creature conforts are concerned :-)

We also have to mention that a colleague of Denis', Gary has allowed us to park our vehicle at his place for the duration of the trip and even drove Denis back and has offered to pick us up when we come back. We are always amazed at how nice people are and that is one of the thing we are looking most forward to on this adventure, meeting great people.

So this is my first entry and I'm not sure how wordy I will be througout but we hope for those of you reading/following along you enjoy this trip vicariously through us.

Advertisement



3rd July 2012

Have a fabulous trip!
5th July 2012

Enjoy !
Hi Denis & Kiersten, wow, that is some bike for the plane.......hope all starts well at the other end. We finally have some hot sunny weather. Cheers

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb