Transiting Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hesse » Frankfurt
May 28th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Frankfurt at about 6am, it was overcast and cool. Everyone told us that the weather had been so warm, up until today! We managed to find our way to the airport railway station, onto a city bound train and to our hotel near the main station without much hassle. We did wonder who designed Frankfurt airport, because there seemed to be endless escalators and different levels to traverse, a bit of a challenge after a 12 hour flight.

Our hotel had surprisingly large rooms for a European hotel in the city centre. The hotel was also very quiet considering it was so close to the main rail station. Another big plus was the fact that you can help yourself to an endless supply of coffee, fruit and pastries in the hotel foyer. Keep in mind the Hotel Monopol if you need a room close to Frankfurt station. Oh, plus the minibar contents were free (including the beers)!!!

Once our luggage was deposited in our room we took a walk around the city. It was still cool and overcast, but it was comfortable enough to be out walking. The river Main was pretty enough, but the overcast skies did make the city seem a little bleak.

Back at the hotel we got talking to some folks from the USA who were on a study tour in Germany from a university in Missouri. Their lecturer certainly liked the sound of his own voice! After a light dinner jet lag got the better of us and we hit the hay at about 9pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb