Hamburg, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Hamburg » Hamburg
October 25th 2004
Published: June 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Date: 25.10.2004
Destination: Hamburg, Deutschland
Day: 1 - 4

It was a 4 days Exkursion Trip to Hamburg, or what we call it "Lawatan Sambil Belajar". I really don't feel like going after learning that it is to visit factory, research depatment or Company but as I never been to Hamburg, I thought why not?

The people going consist mostly Germans, just some of us Asians. First visit, to the DB Research Plant for High-Speed Train before reaching Hamburg. It was interesting, if only I know that deep Deutsch. We learn how they use magnetic field to move the train fast. But the lunch by the company was tasty. Too bad those Malays can't eat because of Puasa. Ha.. Then we continue to Hamburg. The most interesting things about Germans are they must stop for a rest every two hours and they will surely have some snack or coffee. Weird!

At last we reached the Youth Hostel. That night was free and still early so we decide to head to the city. Hamburg is famous for her Seaport so with the guide of some Hamburg's friends, we have a look at the famous port. So dissapointed was me that it was nothing interesting about it. Then we headed to the infamous Red Light District. Ha! Nothing to be amazed about as it was quite normal and there was alot of people walking around. Me and the guys then went to a small alley and there was prostitute sitting in cube glasses waiting for customer. Interesting. A short trip later, we went back to the hostel as everybody was tired.

The second day was better as we went to Denmark, or just the border. But at least it is in Denmark. We visited the Windfarm in Luebeck and it is big business using wind to generate large power. The weather was very windy that day. At night, it is Hamburg again. This time, we follow a different guide who brought us to the Rathaus, which has a better night view with the lake in front. One of the most famous thing about Hamburg is the Old Fisherman Statue all around town. Later, we had some nice but high-alcohol Cocktail in a nice small pub.

The third day was a short one as it took only half day to visit the factory. This time, groups are divided to Philips Semiconductor and Philips Medizine Research. I went for the Medizine and sooo boring.... After that, we were treated free to a boat ride around Hamburg Port by our Professors. I felt the ride was not interesting at all because all we can see was just Kontena and Ships, nothing else. At night, we went to two pubs to have a drink, but this time, less alcohol.

The fourth and final day. We packed our things and left Hamburg stopping at Airbus Factory. This visit is the most interesting among all as we are going to see how aeroplane was assembled. Airbus was the largest manufacture of plane in the world so the security was very tight. We can't simply walk around.

The bus reached home at nearly 9pm. I tell myself that forever I won't go on a school trip anymore.....


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb