Bremen


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bremen » Bremen
June 5th 2011
Published: June 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bremen.
We got to Bremen after a long train ride from Koln. I got off the train and immediately saw Julian walking down the station holding three beers in the air. Welcome to Bremen. It was about a 20 minute walk from the station to his apartment and it was really hot. We were pouring sweat when we got to his apartment. We sat down for a little bit and just talked about our trip so far, and caught up on everything. Not long after we changed for the night and went to dinner. Bremen was a beautiful city, and not nearly as big as Cologne or Frankfurt. We picked a mexican restaurant the was right beside all the drinking stands that Julian likes to hang out at. After dinner, we went home for a few beverages, and then made our way back down to where we were eating earlier. We met up with about 8 people that Julian knew and got the night rolling. We stayed there for about 3 hours sitting next to the river as the sunset. Julian got us tickets to a huge beach party for later that night, and everyone that we were with planned on going as well. We hopped in a cab and rode to the party. I’ve never been to anything like it. We walked up and it felt like there was 1,000 people there just rockin. There was 3 or 4 different stages that were all playing different kinds of music. We walked over, grabbed a round of brews, and went out to dance. The first stage, and the one we hung out for the longest time, was perfect. They were playing all kinds of american music from grease lightning to Mambo number 5. The pictures can tell the story better than my words can, but it was definitely a good time. After that stage the German girls wanted to go to “the black party” (no racism intended, that’s just what the called it, I thought it was hilarious) they were playing rap music, but Germany is a little behind. The girls kept waiting for Candy Shop to come on, which I also thought was priceless. The party lasted until we deemed ourselves unworthy of public attention so 4 of us grabbed a cab, and headed back to town for some late night grub. I finally found a slice of deep dish pizza so I crushed 2 slices. We got in another cab, and rode back to Julians place. This morning was absolutely brutal, but a 2 week germany trip is not for the weak at heart. We our now on a train ride to Amsterdam for 2 nights ... not really sure what to expect, but I’ll know soon enough. Every night is better than the previous, it just keeps getting better and better. I had to much fun last night, the boys back home would have been going nuts, it’s probably better that they weren’t here though, I feel like we would have been deported and on a plane ride home. All is perfect here though, missing the States but livin it up in Germany. Next one will be from Amsterdam, wish us luck. By the way Julian was talking to a random girl on the train who was at the party last night ... she said there were over 8,000 people at the party last night.
P & T ... & J now


Additional photos below
Photos: 68, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb