Berlin, Germany Day 3


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin
September 14th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we again started out w/ our inexpensive sandwiches and some struedel. Then we went to the two remaining museums on Museum Isle, the Altes Nationalgalerie (19th century art) and the Deutches Historisches Museum (German History Museum). Both were excellent museums, though the Altes Nationalgalerie did not take very long to complete. The German History Museum is an amazing colaboration of photography, artifacts, artwork, and documentation of Germany's history. Of course, the popular era for visiting is from 1933 - 1945 when the Nazi party came to power and then the second World War began. The degree of propaganda used by the party is of particular fascination...unbelievable.

Afterwords, we took the metro to Pariser Platz where we saw the Brandenburger Tor, Reichstag, and the Holocaust Memorial & Museum. Again, another eventful day that left us exhausted. Time to recoupe and get ready for our last day where we have had some trouble deciding on what to do (there's easily another two weeks worth of museums and sights to see in Berlin...four days is not nearly enough).



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb