Auf Wiedersehen Berlin


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
June 30th 2014
Published: July 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Berlin was such a fun city, today my goal was to cover 2000 years of German history at the German History Museum and I did. It was simply fascinating all the artifacts they had there. So far, this had been my favourite museum, really big as well. There was even a wall of Pickelhauben!

Germany verse Algeria was intense, no scores till over 90 minutes into the game, it was rediculous when the Germans scored that first goal even with the on and off rain. I was surprised with all the police at the event that this man, who dressed up like Hitler (picture attached) ran around with guys and a camera arresting fans for not wearing German jersies. It was funny, they took the fan of the match, who had to compete for the role by doing trivia of "goal or not a goal" where they freeze the screen right after the ball is kicked and they have to figure out if it is a goal or not. But after this girl won, she turned around and took a selfie haha.

The walk back was nuts, people singing the national anthem and one of the seemingly endless football songs of Germany. I also get a kick out of this German telivision, apparently TV is free and cable is commercial free and costs money, but How I Met Your Mother is a big hit here, but hysterical. Tomorrow I am off to Lutherstadt-Wittenberg to check out historic sites of the reformation.

Bis morgen!


Additional photos below
Photos: 220, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

inside of dominside of dom
inside of dom

oddly is cost money to go in this one but not cologne, the second largest in the world, 8€ to get in
memorial over viewmemorial over view
memorial over view

odd how some of these memorials to people are small


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb