quick update


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
August 9th 2006
Published: August 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hi folk. quick updates: it turns out that i'm going home a little earlier than i had originally planned, for various reasons, but essentially it boils down to the fact that 8 weeks away from home in a foreign country is long enough for me. so, i'm going home on wednesday, august 23rd, exactly two weeks from today, and i'm glad.

in the meantime, though, i'm going to pack in as much as i can before i leave. tomorrow i'm going to Bonn to visit my (german) friend Tom, who was a grad student in the history department at UW for one year, and is now finishing up his degree at the university in Bonn. it should be fun, and i'm looking forward to speaking some german with actual germans, though i have a feeling that the fact that Tom speaks perfect english may lead to more english being spoken than german overall. but, i'm sure i'll still get in some good practice. plus, i'm looking forward to catching up with Tom and having him show me a little bit of a different city!

not much else to report right now. the class is going fine, and i like my teacher a lot more than i did the first day i met her, when i posted about heteronormativity. she actually, of her own accord, started using gay and lesbian relationships as examples the following day. i think maybe she was just following the lesson plan without adding anything of her own the first day. she actually is really cool, and i am learning a lot, despite the fact that i have very little desire to study german at all AFTER class, when i should really be memorizing vocab and reviewing things we did in class. 4 hours a day is really enough, i think! today, however, i am going to go try to study a bit... honest to goodness, and maybe even for longer than 10 minutes, i swear!

Advertisement



12th August 2006

August 23 - that's so soon! I'm excited to see you! Hi to Tom.

Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb