IN BERLIN


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 1st 2006
Published: July 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Berlin WallBerlin WallBerlin Wall

Me standing at the Berlin wall, unless you know the history behind its meaning, it is just a wall.
I have honestly been so busy that i havent been able to update my blog. I am now at Susan and Gerhards house (relaxing) and i will now update you with all my happenings. (that which i can remember - haha)

I planned to go to Prague after Amsterdam, but the train went via Berlin, so why not go there i thought.
I had one train change over on the way and at that station I saw two boys with backpacks (the international symbol for backpackers) looking over their tickets and i overheard them discussing the same train changeover details. I asked them if they were going to Berlin and they were. So for the rest of the trip we ventured off working out the complicated train system together. Their names were Matt and Taylor and they were from San Diego. They stayed at the same hostel as me.
The hostel was run by a New Zealand couple who also had a New Zealand cafe adjoining the hostel!!! IN BERLIN
it was called Ao -TEA - Roa!!! and they served fish and chips!!
The hostel was really nice, and had a nice lounge room where we met another two boys
Pub Crawl in BerlinPub Crawl in BerlinPub Crawl in Berlin

at one of the bars on the pub crawl. I was the only aussie
from England, Josh and James. They were soccer mad!

The five of us saw the sights of Berlin by day, the wall, the man made beach on the river, and we went to the Football Fan fest where i saw a replica of the world cup inside a giant soccerball you walk inside.

We also went out at night to a few night clubs, but the highlight was the Pub Crawl. A group of rowdy drunken (friendly)backpackers who were escorted by some Irish guides to various pubs and clubs. While we walked from one pub to another the guides poured us unlimited shots of vodka and orange in little plastic shot glasses!
It was just as much fun trying to find our way home in the early hours of the moring (daylight btw) on the trains and trams etc. Luckily i had the boys to look after me! They nicknamed me Oz, or Aussie...
Next stop Prague or Praha.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Soccer FanSoccer Fan
Soccer Fan

the other underdog team - Ghana...
Fan FestFan Fest
Fan Fest

Giant Soccerball. World Cup Trophy is inside
PolicePolice
Police

I have been getting my photo taken with Police from each country i visit. The German Police were happy to oblige.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb