Berlin breakfast


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Berlin » Berlin
July 7th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started our second day in Berlin, knowing our roommate, slightly better than before. We previously encountered her as we arrived, managing to lock her into the room we were going to share. Although we didnt learn her name, we learnt that she would be travelling through eastern Europe, to our next destination Warsaw and then onward to Russia-which interested myself greatly. But again she kept herself to herself and we didnt learn much beside the fact she was an accountant and was taking a year out to do a journey which would take her to China. That sounds like an adventure! But obviously not as much of an adventure as the one your intrepid travellers have been following!
Berlin day 2 began with us having what I would consider a traditional Berliner breakfast of a cappucino (Im sure a regular Berliner would have espresso), schokobrot (chocolate croissant) and Kasebrot (cheesebread)-Im not sure the latter would be traditional but it was very much enjoyed as was the fantastic service by the waitress and the fact many other Berliners greeted us with "Morgen". I have to add that I was very pleasantly surprised by the warmth and hospitality of most Berliners with most people striking up conversations on the S bahn, in shops and general courtesy. Its completely at odds to the mechanical, cold stereotype that the media sells to us in England. We will definitely carry out a return trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Marx and EngelsMarx and Engels
Marx and Engels

Capitalism is Fun, Communism is Not
Rap HistoryRap History
Rap History

Tore this poster off deliberately and we lost it. :(
Berolina BackpackerBerolina Backpacker
Berolina Backpacker

Two happy days. Nights.
Schloss BelavueSchloss Belavue
Schloss Belavue

horst kohlers manor with friends; cameroon?
Holocaust MemorialHolocaust Memorial
Holocaust Memorial

and Yusuf. Last Couple of berlin hours..


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb