Beer and Sausages Galore


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 8th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After doing one days sightseeing we headed from Venice up to Munich through the picturesque Austrian Alps by train. Upon arrival at the Munich Central Station we were greeted by the sight of Germany's High Speed trains called ICE which look and go pretty damn fast. After doing a sightseeing tour by bus to see what Munich had to offer and a Barvarian beer tasting at the hostel we stayed at, we headed off to Stuttgart for the day. The reason for this was to go visit the absolutely amazing Mercedes Benz Museum. The building itself is an impressive piece of architecture as it is in the shape of a double helix so you end up walking two loops per floor. The array of vehicles on display was also incredible as it seems that Mercedes have built pretty much every kind of vehicle there is and seeing the Silver Arrows (mercedes racing cars) from past to present was awesome. After taking a much needed day off we head down to Fussen in southern Germany for the day to visit Castle Neuschwanstein. The was castle built (well almost) by King Ludvig II and is nestled high atop a cliff overlooking the Bavarian countryside. The castle itself is used as the Disney Logo and was in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It is an incredible shame the castle was never finished as that which has been finished is incredible. From the Towers and Courtyard to the impressive array of paintings on the walls, the Neuschwanstein would have been a magical place to live in.
On our final day in Munich, Tamsin and I headed to the centre of town, otherwise known as the Marienplatz to visit a palace called the Residenz Museum. Much like the Neuschwanstein, the Residenz contains impressive paintings as well as unique furniture and a hall that contains busts of over 100 Roman and German leaders. Well worth a visit i say.
So after much Barvarian Beer and a few Bratwurst we head off to Frankfurt.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb