Cold fish pizza


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 2nd 2007
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

All of us woke up feeling a bit seedy. Unsurprisingly, the hostel breakfast had finished so we found a nearby bakery. A good looking pizza was beckoning me so I bought that, I was asked if I wanted it hot or cold and was starving so just went for the cold. I started scoffing in down and then started feeling pretty ill. I took a closer look and smell and realised it was tuna. So I was hungover eating a cold fish pizza. To add insult to injury I had a fizzy drink which was making me burp so it kept repeating on me. Not a good start to the day!

We decided to explore a bit of Munich in the morning so walked into the city centre. We were looking forward to seeing the Glockenspiel clock tower (mainly because it's name was awesome). Sadly it was being fixed so we couldn't see much. There were a lot of impressive fountains and churches that we explored. We also found the local market and had a wander through, I almost puked at the fish stalls. We stopped for icecreams and kept walking. After a while we were quite knackered and spotted some seats in a park near the river. A whole group of German kids were having a great game of football until one of them kicked it over the fence into the river below. I'm not sure of any German curse words but I think they may have used a few. After resting for a while we were rueing the fact that we had walked so far from our hostel and were not looking forward to the long haul back. Thankfully we stumbled upon a train station and got a ride back, I think we'd still be walking otherwise.

After having a siesta to recharge the batteries we headed back to the festival. Because it was raining it was impossible to get a table inside. We waited for the rain to abate a little before just grabbing a table outside and hoping it wouldn't piss down. Fortunately it stopped. We once again opted for half a chicken and surprise-surprise a beer to wash it down, and then another beer to wash the previous one down, and then another ...

Later on we met up with a bunch of people from our group and sat around shooting the shit. Was a little less manic than the previous two nights but still good fun. We thought it would be rude not to go for more rides so found the largest roller coaster and went on that before heading back to the hostel. For some reason we though our livers hadn't had enough punishment so went to the hostel bar for a few more beers, had an epic battle of foosball and then returned to our room and for some reason ate a massive packet of werthers originals. It seemed like a good idea at the time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.396s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 31; qc: 124; dbt: 0.2235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb