End of Tour no. 2


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 22nd 2007
Published: September 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

ViennaViennaVienna

Dancing in Vienna - with other people though!!
Well we finally finished (that doesn´t sounds so good) our 2nd tour. It actually got much better after the blow ups on day 2 (re seating on the bus). Prague, Budapest and Vienna are similar - all formed around the Danube River. We liked Prague the most of the three - but then we got to Salzburg, and fell in love with this cool city.

We timed it really well - we arrived mid festival (they only have it once a year for 4 days). It was kind of like the Easter Show (only the Austrian version) with pretzels instead of dagwood dogs, and men jigging in whacky outfits.

This morning we drove up the Austrian Alps to the Eagles Nest - the place where Hitler and Ava Braun lived during summer (approx 4 months a year). It was one of the only places in Salzburg not destroyed in the war, still in excellent condition - including the elevator he used up through the mountain rock.

We are now back in Munich and pumped about the break from touring for the next few weeks - but first of all - Oktoberfest.

As we drove back into Munich
Luke goes homeLuke goes homeLuke goes home

Luke finds an Aussie pub in Vienna
from Salzburg this afternoon, the traffic was really bad, as everyone is coming to town for the festival. We have skipped the optional dinner tonight (along with the friends we have made on this tour) and heading into Munich city so Luke can try a pork knuckle he heard Mick and J-J rave about so much - then onto Oktoberfest to get drinking!

A couple of sketchy mornings to come - then a week lying in the sun in Dubrovnik - bring it on!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

DanubeDanube
Danube

Cruising down the Danube
SalzburgSalzburg
Salzburg

The charming streets in Salzburg
PretzelPretzel
Pretzel

Some serious pretzel selection required!!
Austrian AlpsAustrian Alps
Austrian Alps

From our hotel in Salzburg
View from the topView from the top
View from the top

Austrian Alps
Eagles NestEagles Nest
Eagles Nest

Us from the top
Cold up thereCold up there
Cold up there

Kel touching snow for the first time!!
Eagles NestEagles Nest
Eagles Nest

The actual house Hitler stayed in
SalzburgSalzburg
Salzburg

You shouldn´t need me to explain (hint: "I am 16 going on 17..."


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb