One day down, 35 to go!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

an update for our ridiculous day in munich yesterday:

the time difference got the best of us and we were awake at 5am here. waited till 6 to shower and get up. had a monsterous breakfast at the hostel because it was free. made little sandwiches out of about 4 different kinds of meat. for a condiment, liverworst. walked to central station and bought tickets to prague, then traipsed around munich for around 9 or 10 hours. we took a free walking tour so we saw pretty much everything we wanted to. the glockenschpeil (waste of time) a bunch of churches, the open market, hofbrauhaus, residenz, dodgers alley... the list goes on. we met a chick from reno on our tour and walked with her to the english gardens, saw some german dong from nude sunbathers, then hit up the chinese pagoda for a beer. dropped around 20 euro for lunch and beer there, but its ok cause thats the only food we ate all day. it started to pour rain so we hoofed it over to the subway, went back to our hostel, and took a power nap for a couple of hours. once we woke up, we caught the subway again back to marianplatz and went back to thehofbrauhaus for some beers. it was completely filled with (mostly) tourists. we had 3 liters of beer while we conversed with a russian english student studying here in munich. she could barely speak english and described everything by drawing a little box on the menu and pointing at it. oh, your roommates korean? sorry, i didnt get that from you pointing to a box. you like football? box. you know the word dong? here let me draw you a picture... box. point. we ate one of thebiggest pretzels in the history of mankind, then caught the subway back to the hostel. but nay, the night is not over yet. we went to the bar here to redeem our free drinks, aka shitty beer, and devin got hit on by a german girl who he thinks was trying to figure out if he was really from california. she kept talking to him in german thinking that he could understand, and kissing his ear. he was freaking out. she tried to steal my wallet. awesome. her friend stephen was pretty cool though, and we talked about music for a while, gave him the bands website, and then went to pass out. all in all, a great first day, a solid 20 hour one at that.

we leave for prague this afternoon so next post is from there i guess. peaces.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb