Mercedes Museum


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
April 28th 2012
Published: April 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Mercedes MuseumThe Mercedes MuseumThe Mercedes Museum

The building's height and "double helix" interior provides 178,000 sq ft of exhibition space containing more than 160 vehicles, some dating back to the very earliest days of the motor engine.
Hello, tis I josh. Today we went to the Mercedes museum. Guess what we saw cars! We went through the museum in a weird way. We took an elevator to the top of the museum, then spiralled to the bottom with each floor we went through a different time period. So there was lots of stuff we saw.

Some of the highlights where, the architecture of the building it was all wonky father might post a picture of it, next was the guide he was fairly old and seemed to like breathing really hard into his microphone (*sarcasm* that was actually a bad part). Okay I can’t really appreciate the cars so the next thing I found interesting was the fact that Mercedes supported Hitler, they produced engines for war planes and used forced labourers. One more highlight they had a model of car that was controlled with joysticks.

Each of the cars is kept in actual working condition. So they have to be serviced. The cars are on 5 different floors. Special elevators have been built into the walls to carry the cars down.

We saw some simulators that tipped left and right on hydraulic arms, they
Josh Takes it InJosh Takes it InJosh Takes it In

Josh reading about some of the classic Silver Arrows.
looked cool but we didn’t get to use them. We didn’t do anything else. Father had to pass his keys to the Porsche off to our group leader so the cars could all be parked nicely. Needless to say father was heart broken. Alakazam sploof sparkle (that was me disappearing, good day to thee).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Merdeces 300 SL GullwingMerdeces 300 SL Gullwing
Merdeces 300 SL Gullwing

The iconic Mercedes of the 1950s
ElevatorElevator
Elevator

A unique elevator takes you to the top of the building where the tour begins.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb