We Arrive in Stuttgart


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
July 2nd 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

Kirsten is ready to GO!
The flight was long and uncomfortable. Kirsten and I talked and enjoyed each other until we passed out from being tried and uncomfortable. Whose idea was this to go to Germany in the high season?

We departed the plane along with the rest of the cattle and were herded into customs. We must have looked pretty tried because they just waved us through. We got to the rental car counter, I asked and explained that I had made reservations to Munich and then changed it Frankfurt and then last night changed it again to Stuttgart. Guess what they couldn’t find it, go figure. So the rental car person quickly called and found out that it was rebooked at Avis instead of Europcar. We walked to the next counter and Maria was smiling and ready to help us. She quickly sized us up and when Kirsten started spreaken the Deutsche she immediately gave us a nice upgrade. We found the car and were on the Autobahn heading to Berchtesgaden. About half way there we found a nice looking beer garden and pulled in and had a nice relaxing lunch.

We arrived at the house and everyone was ready to see
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Finally some German food
us. Will, Mark and Caroline came running out and gave us a great welcoming.
I quickly put them to work unloading the car, Uncle Stevie this is heavy. Hey I don’t remember asking for you to weigh the suitcase just take it to the room.

Ok the next update we owe Bea all the credit. She found a book about Geo Caching, if you don’t know what this is Google it. If you don’t know what Google is, you are too old to understand. Basically it’s hunting little treasures that someone has hidden around the world wherever you’re at. You need a GPS system and a computer. When Kirsten and I researched it we found there are millions of these caches hidden all over the world. So using my smart phone which I downloaded my nifty Geo Caching app to we set out to find a Cache in Berchtesgaden. We found TWO, Yea you heard me, well actually Caroline found them but Will, Mark, Kirsten and I helped.

Maria and James came over and joined us for dinner. We had brats and they were GREAT!
Everyone was tired especially Will, Mark and Caroline and I. We played volley
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

Searching for the Geo Cache
ball and they wore me out.

We were all in bed by 9 PM and quickly fell asleep.
Hope everyone is doing well, more blogging to come….



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Caroline updating the Geo Cache
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Looking for the Bakery
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

We found it!
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

Kirsten and her cows
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

A small chapel we found


9th July 2011

Stuttgart
Looks like I am missing a lot of fun, especially the tiny tiny chapel. Thanks for thinking of me.

Tot: 0.585s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.2428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb